Conglomerate worktops – why they are a good solution?
Conglomerate worktops have become increasingly popular. They are a pretty good alternative to expensive and heavy products made out of stone, but are slightly inferior regarding their appearance. So then why do we use them inside? What are their advantages and why can they be a perfect solution? You will find the answers to these questions in this article.
To begin with, the conglomerate worktops in 90% are made out of stone. They are basically a composition of milled stone – marble or granite, which is combined with polyester resin. Of course, it can be freely shaped and manipulated in terms of colour and design. There are variety of different shades, of the material, obtained with the use of special dyes. They may have a matted or glossy finish. Furthermore, they are ideally suited for use in the kitchen, because they have a number of advantages that set it apart from other products on the market. Here are the most important ones:
• Price – the price of the conglomerate is much cheaper than products made entirely from natural stone. The difference in price actually turns out to be really great when you want to order a product with a custom thick or unusual shape.
• Easy processing – due to the fact that in the initial phase of production conglomerate has a liquid form, you can easily provide it any shape. It is different with stone, as its treatment requires precision, calm and composure, because one unskilled movement, and they may crack or crumble, and the whole process will have to be started from scratch. Of course, the need to take advantage of the new unit will make the cost of the order increase significantly.
• Low weight – conglomerate worktops are much lighter than stone, so the installation does not need to be reinforced with special cabinets.
• Resistance – conglomerate products are durable and resistant to high temperatures and chemicals. Unfortunately, their smooth surface scratches easily, but all defects and scratches can be easily removed during grinding. Furthermore, the treatment can be carried out on a mounted counter, which is a lot easier.
• No odors – conglomerate does not absorb odors, you do not need to worry about cutting fish, meat, etc. on its surface.
• Heat – conglomerate is pleasant and warm to the touch, because it takes the temperature of the environment in which it is located.
• Seamless linking – conglomerate worktops can be combined seamlessly, giving the enormity of the possibility of arrangement, making it easy for combination with the windowsill or sink. In addition, the surface usually has seamless joints, thus looking even more exclusive and elegant.
• Interesting colours – a conglomerate can be provided with any shade, which creates enormous scope for the creation of the original interior.